* There's a whole aisle at the drugstore for fake tanning products. A whole aisle. It's making me feel a bit alone in my acceptance of my natural skin color (or lack thereof).
* Room for toaster on the counter = toast for every meal!
* They sell Grape-Nuts here!!
* Since we're in a house now the mail comes right to our door. No mailbox or anything - they stick it right through a slot in your door and onto the floor of your front room it goes. This process is a lot louder than I would have expected. If I'm home and downstairs I jump a mile when it arrives!
* Surprisingly, British English is as easy for me to tune out as German is.
* D's first encounter with the social pressures of buying and drinking beer in rounds was a bit ugly. Obviously this is something which is going to take a while to figure out how to do without over-drinking or feeling cheap or weak.
* I got this vacuum cleaner.
* And I'm vacuuming the kitchen, because I cannot find a broom I like! I want the broom shape typical for US brooms. Every time I find one it's either 12 pounds (for a broom!?), or it's cheap but covered in rhinestones or pink swirls or something. WTF Britain? Rhinestone brooms?