Thursday, December 20, 2012

Panic on the streets of London, panic on the streets of...

4 comments
...Birmingham!  The brilliant Harvey Morrell guessed it! The photo, showing an older version of the coat of arms of Birmingham, was taken in the Great Hall at the University of Birmingham, which will be my husband's new academic home later this spring.  I don't know yet where my new work home will be but I bet it will be better than what I've got now. :)

I had been counting on a fall move no matter where we ended up since I figured it would be based on academic year, but surprise, we're looking at a spring move.  It seems so fast!  Standing between us and Birmingham are apartment searches, visa applications, moving companies....  We just came back from a few days there and we did look at apartments, but things are pretty different from Germany and it's way too early to find a new place (although we have to give our German landlord notice right about now).  More on the weekend soon!

Could life ever be sane again?

4 comments:

  1. Now that you've announced it, I think the new blog title could be something like "Letters from a Birmingham" -- or maybe that would be just too awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of you on your new posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam: from a Birmingham...jail? I hope we won't feel that way about it. ;)
    Snooker & Sarah: Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!