Thursday, December 06, 2012

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

2 comments
Upon my arrival at the Rewe this morning I saw quite a scene - the Christmas chocolate display looked like it been hit by a tornado.  Only a couple days earlier it was chock full of goodies!  It could mean only one thing - it's St. Nicholas Day! I'm sure there's more to it, but in my experience the holiday has manifested itself as a day to give and receive chocolate Santas - hence the run on the Christmas chocolate.  It also means the occasional freebie, like this tiny chocolate bar I got when I picked up some pyramid candles and dishwashing gloves (damn this dry weather) at DM!

The weather's appropriately frosty today, too.  Maybe some snow later while we visit the Christmas market?
Happy St. Nicholas Day!

2 comments:

  1. On the ICE to Berlin this morning, St. Nikolaus (red suit, beard and all) made his way through the training, handing out chocolate Santa Clauses. Yum! Plus it was awesome to see adults light up like little children on Christmas morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why chocolate Santa Clauses, I wonder? Growing up we got chocolate coins, occasionally hidden in a shoe or sock, which is much more appropriate to St. Nicholas' legend.

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!