Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Made in Germany: Lemonfish

3 comments


I got a Lemonfish bag!

About a year and a half ago we were goofing around in the KaDeWe in Berlin when I first saw Lemonfish bags and immediately loved them - they are cute, but the construction from old sailor's bags keeps them from being overly so. They're made in Germany by women in a women's prison work rehab program. They're kind of expensive so I didn't get one right away, but after I got home I looked them up online and found this particular model which I really liked - and I finally got it now.* :)  Going out is now a combination of feeling like a million bucks because I'm wearing something I really love (I know, should be all the time, but that would be very expensive indeed), and being really nervous that the bag will meet a wayward ice-cream-cone-swinging kid on a crowded street and never be the same again.

You unfortunately can't buy them on the Lemonfish website, but there are a few stores in Heidelberg that have them, including Bolero and Eckhaus.  Neither had this model, though, so I got it online at this shop.  They don't seem to have this exact one anymore but there are some different ones in the same general design (Annerl).

* Seriously though, do not use my stupid delayed-shopping habits as a model for your life.  I didn't jump on the electric blue Doc Martens 2 years ago when I wanted them, and they stopped making them shortly thereafter.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the education. I have seen these bags at a number of boutiques but never investigated their origin. I don't think you'll have to worry about it's durability!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right - I'm really hard on purses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these too! I like to go to this boutique in Ladenburg to oogle them.

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!