Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Berlin vs. Münster

3 comments
Voting is on for the host city of this year's expat blogger meet-up! Fellow expat bloggers, drop by and show your support for either:


MÜNSTER!! City of gables, arcades, bikes, and a river called Aa. Seriously...just Aa.


BERLIN! City of amazing recent history, low rent, crazy clubs, and all the Currywurst and baklava you could ever eat.

They're totally unlike one another - but I don't think mistakes can be made here. So go vote.


In garden box news, those little yellow guys I posted a bit ago didn't make it - but these hyacinths were unfazed by our crazy winter! Yay!

P.S. Orbital fans - something to tide us all over until release day - including six songs from the new album.  Dr. Who fans - your track is the last 6 minutes and 45 seconds.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for spreading the word.

    I know they don't call "Berliner" "Berliner" in Berlin -- I believe I learned from The Sweet No that they're referred to there as "Pfannkuchen" (oh great, that clears it right up...."). But what do the Münster call Münster cheese? Is that even a thing there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cheese is French? Question mark? I think the cathedral there is called the Muenster Dom rather than the Muensterer Dom....

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muenster_cheese shows me that there is a French cheese called "Munster" and that the cheese I am thinking is an American variety and apparently not related to the city of Münster, Germany at all -- except that its name is derived from it.

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!