Friday, January 14, 2011

Postage to the US reduced!!!

10 comments
The Merleys in Germany were the bearers of good news on my blog feed today - the Deutsche Post actually reduced the rate to send postcards and letters to the US! The reduction is so major (from 1,70 for a letter and 1,00 for a postcard to 0,75 for either) that I had to double-check the Deutsche Post website to believe it, but it is true.

If only it had been before Christmas, but I'll take a price decrease any day! Here's the full list. I guess I'm a little late to the game on the change but was away at New Year's and haven't mailed anything since coming back.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes I borrow someone's car to drive somewhere. There you go. That is really the most non-green thing I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome.

    both the news and the comment. yess. Happy Freitag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I love Germany more and more everyday. Why can't I live there instead of expensive France? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! This is probably good news for my ability to ship paintings to US customers at reasonable rates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I could have saved a lot of Euros if they had done that BEFORE I sent out my Christmas cards. Oh well, I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's been a lot of whining since it happened: it's now the same price to mail a letter to Austria as to the US. Fine for me, of course:).
    This was how we posted it in our club NL:The rate for domestic mail has stayed the same: a 'Standardbrief' (letter weighing up to 20 gm) is still 55 cents. However, the cost to the UK has risen to 75 cents. The good news for many readers is that the cost of a letter worldwide has decreased from 1.70 € to 75 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It used to be 1.70...i had my Xmas cards printed out and shipped to the USA...when we visited the US I mailed the from there because Iw asn't going to pay $2 per card!
    Wow for a decrease!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually pretty much quit sending Christmas and birthday cards because of the postage expenses...

    With this reduction I might actually start sending some again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! I may have to start writing to my US relatives....

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!