Monday, March 01, 2010

Weave the fancy

2 comments
A friend of mine visited Japan recently for a conference. She asked me what I wanted her to bring back and I asked for something with some goofy English on it. I got a little wrapped cake which says:

"The spirit of OKASHI. It is what gives a peaceful and pleasant mind to the human race. All the time, man seeks romance in the OKASHI. We have been working hard and carefully, and work on. To weave the romance and the fancy into each OKASHI. This, at last, we have made up "The HAKATA SEIYO-WAGASHI." If you taste the feeling and the spirit of the OKASHI which value tradition and living in the times, there is no pleasure better than it."

I love the drama. (Okashi is a word for snack, according to a Google search.) I'm disappointed to say the snack didn't change my life as I expected from the buildup, but it was pretty alright.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny. It sounded like one of those life changing miracle books Oprah always features, not a snack. One of my favorite sites is engrish.com. It always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you do. You have the spiriting of OKASHI. Adventure and romantic you will!

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!