Thursday, July 09, 2009

Back on the Commencement Thing

Leave a Comment
Andrew over at German Joys had a few things to add to my earlier post about attending my friend's PhD commencement. The comments on his post went in all directions on the broad topic of education in Germany versus the US. I have to admit, I was a little surprised. If I was going to address the entire university philosophy and experience in the US vs. Germany, I would have written an entirely different post. However, that is a post that I will never write on my blog. Doing so only makes one of my degrees look bad, as I've got one from each country now. Also, my experiences mean I can only compare the University of Chicago, my US school, with Uni-Mainz, my German school, and that doesn't really feel like a fair comparison.
Anyway, go over there and check it out. Hopefully those who had the college experience in the US similar to mine (or even not that similar to mine) will find it just as amusing as I did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love commenters!