Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Intermission

4 comments
I'll be away from the blog for a bit! In the meantime, here's a whole bunch of stuff to keep you entertained - should last a few days, unless you've got a huge backlog on your blog reader like I do!

First, check out the Eurovision post again - I added some videos!

There's been lots of news lately about how the downturn is affecting people in the US versus how it's affecting Europeans. I had just been pondering that things just didn't seem as bad here as the stories I was hearing from home, but wasn't sure if it was just because the downturn is catching up to us more slowly here, or if it's because of the different ways the countries are run, and the differences in people's behavior. These are worth your time!
From the Wall Street Journal: US, Europe are an Ocean Apart on Human Toll of Joblessness
From the New York Times: Going Dutch
From MSNBC: In Europe, social safety net softens the slump (includes a fellow expat in HD!)

Here are some blog posts I starred in my reader recently!
PhD Comics: Budget Cuts
Opinionistas: Chicks are People Too
The Lint Trap of My Mind: Germans Have More Free Time Than the Rest of the World
Strange Maps: A Russian Professor's Prediction of How the US Will Split - Kentucky in the EU!?
Benperry.net: Why European Mobile Calls Don't Get Dropped
Love Is a Journey: Florida or Germany?
The German Way Expat Blog: Where My House Is My Home
Overheard In New York: Dr. Ruth Was a Challenge to Raise
Bad Science: Experts say new scientific evidence helpfully justifies massive pre-existing moral prejudice
Waterloo Birdhaus: In the Supermarket - Cool American-flavored chips and more!
Euro Like Me: Whatever - I used to be cool too....
K. Rae: Dating Americans: A Guide for Foreigners

Alright, better stop there. The internet is full of great stuff.

And, a few things things that have been in my head a lot lately! Enjoy!!











So, all this should provide plenty of reasons to come back to my blog and click on something every day while I'm away. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool! thanks for the shameless blog promotion! I've been a lurker on here for a while, but the *last* thing I expected to see was a reference to my own blog. :o)

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooo! i dont WANT other stuff to keep me occupied...:(

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!