Thursday, April 16, 2009

Heidelberg Spring Watch #14

9 comments

It's overcast today. The weather seems fitting to me. My super-awesome grandpa passed away yesterday while he was having some cake. As my defense is now only a week away, and I start a new job in two weeks that is contingent on a successful defense, and for some other reasons, it is not very likely that the trip home will happen. If any of this sounds familiar, it's because something very similar already happened before, about two months ago.


This was probably 5-6 years ago. These two people were amazing, and like Super Grover, they're cute, too - so I had to share a photo. I am so lucky they were my grandparents.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. It's been a tough few months for you. Best of luck on your defense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandfather passing away - from your description and the photo he seems to have been a very nice person. It really sucks to have that happen and at such an unfortunate time, too!

    (However: A new job? Please do tell more about it when you find some time. Nosy lurkers want to know.)

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss, and your double loss. And even more sorry that you are not able to go home to have the comfort of your family at this time. I hope you have the chance to talk and be part of the general remembrance. Perhaps by Skype, in this brave new world?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to hear about your loss and even more though in you not being able to go to the USA.
    Big hug and send you all my strength. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great picture and such sad news. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just catching up on posts now but I give my sincere condolences. This is never easy and being so far away makes it even more difficult. Virtual {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been out of town and just saw your post. I am so sorry for your loss - thank you for sharing that sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!