Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It's Almost Time to Vote!

7 comments
I'm still slogging through photos from the last two weekends! But I wanted to pass on some good information I got in the mail from the Overseas Vote Foundation. I haven't gotten my ballot in the mail yet, but I know some already have! Have you?
Ballot Question #1: What if my ballot is late?

If you don’t have your ballot by mid-October, OVF can provide you with one.

OVF’s new Vote-Print-Mail Ballot system automates the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) process. Dynamically-generated candidate lists allow you to point, click, vote, and then PRINT your ballot and send it to your election office.

Watch the Video: take 3 minutes to learn about the new Vote-Print-Mail Ballot system from OVF and you’ll have your back-up ballot plan in place.

Note: The following states: AZ, IA, MT, ND, NE, OR, SC, and WA will accept the FWAB as a simultaneous voter registration application and voted ballot; or have no voter registration requirement.

Ballot Question #2: How can I get my ballot back in time?

Express Your Vote – OVF’s new ballot delivery solution supported by FedEx® Express will get your ballot back in time to be counted. Highly-discounted rates or even free shipping for overseas and military ballots - brought to you by Overseas Vote Foundation.


Express delivery service, low rates, ballot tracking and automatic confirmation of ballot delivery are key benefits of this special program. Available now. Visit: www.overseasvotefoundation.org/expressyourvote.

Ballot Question #3: Is my ballot on the way to me now?

Your election office sends your ballots. To confirm the status of your ballot request, please look up your election official in the OVF Election Official Directory. Contact them directly to confirm that you are on the voting rolls and when your ballot will be sent.

If your ballot is still not with you by mid-October, refer to Questions #1 and #2.

Ballot Question #4: Can I still send in a ballot request?

Check the OVFState-specific Voter Information Directory for the filing deadlines in your state and get going! Remember you must PRINT and send in the Registration/Ballot Request Form that you generate from the site.

Ballot Question #5: Where can I get more information?

The OVF Voter Help Desk provides instant answers to your questions. Check out the updated Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot section today.

And to end with a famous quote:
We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.
Thomas Jefferson

7 comments:

  1. My husband just got his in the mail. He was just sworn in as a U.S. citizen last October, so this will be his first election. Needless to say, he is very proud and excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks for the reminder. The ballots were waiting for us when we got home from Bremen and this time there's no notarization field (!), so we need to drop those in the mail before we leave again tomorrow.

    @Diane: Your husband isn't American? I just assumed...but you know what they say about assuming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely HATE going to my local post office. Does anyone know how much postage I should put on this bad boy to get him back to the bean counters?
    From past experience I know that the envelope is oversized for regular pricing but can't for the life of me remember how much it is to send it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah: Ooh, no notarization, that is a very good thing!

    Snooker: I hate going there too! At post.de there's an automatic postage calculator that I like to use. It has lots of options.

    We still haven't gotten ours! Come on, Massachusetts! But I'm glad knowing there's this generic ballot back-up opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Massachusetts had a late primary election in September so that's why they didn't start sending out ballots somewhat later than some of the other states. NY's primary was held even later; but as you said, if the ballot doesn't arrive you can go to OVF to fill out the emergency ballot (Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot - FWAB)!
    Thanks for helping get out all this important information. I am thrilled every time I hear someone has received their ballot on time!
    Cheers from Marina at OVF
    Beware: Don't forget to write USA on the pre-addressed envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!