Monday, October 06, 2008

Indulging in a Meme

6 comments
I thought I'd get one post in tonight to help cut back on my enormous backlog of things on my to-do list! It's late so I'm picking an easy one: Yelli asked me to do the following meme! Here's the link to her version.

I have done two similar versions of this meme in the past, so I will try to avoid repeats.

Rules of the meme:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Okay, I did this.)
2. Post the rules on the blog. (Here they are.)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (About to do that.)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post. (Okay, I'm breaking this rule.)
5. Let each person know they have been tagged. (Okay, if I tag anyone I'll tell them.)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (Okay, after I write it I'll tell Yelli I did it.)


My six facts, hopefully not overlapping with the previous versions I did!

1. I have naturally curly hair. But not on my whole head, just most of it.
2. I think cilantro tastes like soap.
3. Generally I hate all things fake. However, one of my favorite smells is completely fake: the smell coming from a dryer with a scented fabric sheet in it.
4. My iTunes reports that the six songs I've played the most are the following (counts are since June 2007, when I accidentally deleted my iTunes library and had to start over):
  • Beirut, "Rhineland (Heartland)" with 71 plays
  • Arling & Cameron, "I Don't Need It" with 66 plays
  • Architecture in Helsinki, "Heart It Races" with 59 plays
  • And a tie for the last three with 58 plays each: M.I.A. "Boyz," Shantel "Dubstar Bugarskji," and TV on the Radio, "A Method"
5. I have two siblings. I'm the oldest.
6. I like most people I meet, but among those I have a harder time getting along with, Californians and people born in August are hugely overrepresented.

I'm going to only tag two people, as six is just way too many. I'm tagging two people whose blogs I just found in the last 3 days, An American Frau and Anne's Blog. Any and all voluntary takers are also welcome to do it.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so this is what a meme is. I have so much to learn when it comes to blogging and computer stuff! OK, I'm game, but can't do it right now...will try this out tonight.
    And holy moly- you have tons of ex-pat and other interesting blogs linked to yours! that's going to be fun checking out all of those! I could seriously fill my day just reading interesting blogs, unfortunately work is getting in the way of that :o( Pffft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, welcome and I hope you like some of the blogs you find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? people born in august and californians?

    hm, jake was a californian. but i think he was born in may.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean was born in August. DAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara & Dad: To be clear, there are people from CA and people born in August who I do get along with. However, when looking at the small number of people who I have more difficulty with, CA and August are overrepresented for some reason! It's really weird! But I am not going to do the math to find out if it's statistically significant. :) It's just not important enough, only amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pffufff. I feel good. I am neither californian (more in the other part of the world) and not even close to August born!! Whoohooo!!! I feel lucky!! ;-)
    So I finnaly got the Meme thingee going you can go check it out: http://annejambor.blogspot.com/
    Meet you when I get there.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!