Friday, February 15, 2008

It ain't your home country's mayonnaise.

4 comments
Damon and I had cruddy days yesterday - his experiment went well, but the results weren't what he was hoping. My classes the whole day were somewhat disappointing, and I have another full day of the same teachers/subject today. So, we decided to indulge in a nasty comfort food of ours - my sister's Delicious But Really Horrible For You Chip Dip. (Did I mention my current classes are on cardiovascular health? Ha ha ha...) The recipe is super-simple: one part mayonnaise, one part shredded cheese of your choosing, and one part finely chopped onions. Mix it up, put it in the oven, and wait until it's hot and bubbly.

This is never the most appetizing looking thing, and it's not a good idea to eat too much of it. However, last night it reached a new level of both of these qualities, thanks to our not-like-its-American-cousin, our friend, German mayonnaise. It tasted vinegary, and here is a photo of the liquidy nastiness it caused. (Not for the faint of heart. Avoid looking at this while eating.)


Needless to say I think we are going to avoid this recipe unless we can get our hands on some American mayonnaise.

And, a happy belated Valentine's Day. :)

4 comments:

  1. TAG!
    haha, that's a good ol' recipe i haven't had in awhile... better bust it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how things can vary so much from place to place? Sorry for the dip disaster :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes... new hieghts of eating. Cardio health.. This past Tuesday night Jean talked about cleaning out the refrigerator. So I helped her out single handed.. Nothing was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara: Soooo badddd...

    Cowgirl: I think it ought to be called something else! It's not the same! :)

    Anon ;) : Nothing was safe from being considered unhealthy, that is??

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!