Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The word of the day is: SCHRECKLICH*

5 comments
I've not ridden the Deutsche Bahn for over a month, yet somehow it turns out the drivers decide to strike right on the day I want to make a particularly long trip across the country, adding another hour or two to the ride and getting us there considerably later than we planned. Argh! I was very close to bailing on the trip. Right now I need a haircut badly and am having the worst breakouts I've had since....I don't even remember when, but it's been at least 5 years. The weather has been dark and terrible for two weeks, and I haven't been feeling very useful at work lately. My sleep schedule is completely screwed up because sunset no longer has any sort of recognizable relationship with bedtime, so without the cues from the sun and since I work afternoons, my night owl tendencies have really set in. We're only 7 degrees further from the equator than in Boston, but it seems to be a huge difference.

Where is the cheer, man!?!

*Schrecklich = horrible

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the reason for the late-night Heidelberg fests is that the time change brings out everyone's owl tendencies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel terrible about the strike! Hopefully in the end you'll have a good time and it will have been worth at least some of the hassle. I know I'm looking forward to meeting both of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. My trip has had 2 hours added to it too, plus quite a bit of money. Aargh! However, it'll be worth it. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary: Could be! I think the museum one was in the summer though.

    Sara: The weather here is definitely closer to Seattle's than any other place I've lived - but I think Seattle is probably still worse!

    Eurotrippen: Not your fault!! :)

    J: It cost us quite a bit more too. It really sucks to pay more to be totally inconvenienced!

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!