Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tagged for a Meme

5 comments
Normally I try to keep every post somehow related to Germany and that fact that we are here. However, I have been tagged for this meme (by Martina of American im Odenwald - see link on right), so I will try it, although it's not completely Germany-oriented. Things have been quiet around here anyway - I have been nursing some little illness all week and am now dreading spending the next two weeks commuting to Mainz again. Brutal! Here is the meme:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Fact 1: I grew up in a very small town. When other people tell me how they grew up in such a small town, waa, it only had 3 high schools and a Walmart and you had to drive 30 miles to the nearest gay bar, I laugh. We had three towns to one high school, no large stores at all, and you had to drive 30 miles to the nearest movie theater.

Fact 2: And I didn't spend a single day in college homesick for it.

Fact 3: I majored in Environmental Studies at the University of Chicago.

Fact 4: I never wanted anything so bad in my life as to go there. I've felt a little bit lost ever since meeting that incredible goal and completing it.

Fact 5: I'm studying Epidemiology now but I'm still not sure if this is really it for me.

Fact 6: In the end I'd probably be happier making stuff, but I can't peel myself away from the lure of academia. Being in it makes people think you're smart, and who doesn't want that?

Fact 7: I'm terrified of grasshoppers.

Fact 8: I am a first-name junkie. (Not a baby-name junkie. People have names long beyond their babyhood. And I'm not a baby junkie, either. In fact I don't really care for babies much at all, though I wish I did.) I have over 30 books on the subject of first names and shipped them all to Germany with me.

Honestly I do not know who to tag. I'm afraid of tagging people who are not interested.
If you are a regular reader of this blog and are interested in doing this meme, then please consider yourself tagged!!

5 comments:

  1. unrelated to this meme, which i might do when i'm feeling less lazy -- i got half a dozen of those "headstage" bedside signs at the crazy archie mcphee sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 miles to the nearest movie theatre? I think it's about fifty, here, although there might be one in Lancaster I don't know about... I know it's 25 to the nearest Target or Walmart. And the same distance to the nearest store that sells kosher milk. But hey, we have a *fabulous* library system. (Not that I'm biased or anything.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think you might have Hay Fever? The first fall and spring I was in NY my Hay Fever was really strong. I guess I just needed to get used to the new pollen because it hasn't been as bad since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK OK it looks like nobody took the bait. So I will! I'll answer the stuff, but I'm too lazy to follow the rest of the rules.

    Fact 1. One of my favoritest things to eat EVER is tortillas and butter. Microwave for approximately 23 seconds, spread with butter, roll up, DELICIOUS. To mix it up try peanut butter or butter and honey!

    Fact 2. My biggest pet peeve is I can't STAND it when people don't close kitchen cupboards/drawers. Seriously! How hard is it?!

    Fact 3. The smell that is the strongest memory trigger for me is lilac -- because of the tree in our yard growing up.

    Fact 4. I wish I was more artsy.

    Fact 5. This is so hard I am only halfway through. The other day I listened to a CD in a record store that was obviously pop emo and I totally liked it.

    Fact 6. I think it would be awesome to be a librarian. A rock and roll librarian.

    Fact 7. The other day I decided that my commute is a metaphor for my life -- traffic jams and car accidents and red lights and people getting on and off all around me and I'm totally oblivious because I've got my headphones on and I'm in my own world.

    Fact 8. Sometimes I think "why not cut out the middle man?!" and buy chocolate chip cookie dough without the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, you write it on your own blog, silly ;) What is "headstage"?? And I want dough. Now.

    Dru, you know my pain :) Or, my former pain. Actually I imagine it's more painful as a adult who has lived in cities before.

    Mary, oh do I ever have hay fever! Since April...but this was a bit of something on top of it. Luckily it seems to be slowly tapering off :) I'm glad to hear it might be better next year, though, if I get used the pollen! I'd been told I wouldn't have allergies the first year because I wouldn't be allergic to the new stuff yet! Oh, how wrong they were...

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!