Tuesday, April 10, 2007

PHOTOS! Schwerin, Luebeck, and Hamburg!

8 comments
I don't have time for a proper post right now unfortunately, because there's a lot I'd like to write about these places, but hopefully I will have time soon. But, I did want to share the photos! We took off on Friday morning, with reservations for one night at a Pension in Schwerin, and two nights at a hostel in Luebeck. We didn't know if we were going to make it to Hamburg, but we ended up having time to stop in and get a tiny taste of it on Monday, on the way back to Heidelberg.

Here are the photos:

Schwerin Apr 07


Luebeck Apr 07


Hamburg Apr 07

8 comments:

  1. How many days off is Easter weekend in Germany? (I have a British collaborator who was actually locked out of his lab for a few days and now I'm taking a pan-Europe poll.)
    The pictures are amazing! It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your last photo and caption in the Hamburg series the best. I've always hated the fact that a public square on the main shopping mile in this city has been so sullied by the presence of Burglar Fling. And in a beautiful old building to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pitures again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Thank you for your Green Guide advice! I have a Germany and a France copy on order from Amazon.com as I type!

    My husband is in Heidelberg this month, and I'm begging him to find housing on the economy versus living on the Base. It looks as though the weather has been gorgeous-your photos are fabulous!

    Esther Harrison
    www.essieinnc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of Hamburg! It looks like you saw all the wonderful places in HH, including the St. Nicolai. Now that I am back in the states, I wish I took more pictures. Next time, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary: It's a four-day weekend, though I haven't heard of anyone getting locked out!

    Ian: I can't believe that Burger King...with the statue in front the building looks like it ought to be public property, or at least was at one point...maybe not?

    Suzanne: Thanks! :)

    Essie: Hey, I hope you like the guide! Would it cost you more to live off-Base? I don't know much about what it costs there, but Heidelberg proper is one of the most expensive towns in Germany!

    Emily: It gives you a good excuse to come back! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!