Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Schriesheim, and Blogger/Picasa - You Suck.

7 comments
New photos from Schriesheim! Click on THE PHOTOS to the right. I had written a very long post about our trip there, as well as about all the fun on the Deutsche Bahn today and about some foods perceived as American. Then, when I tried to insert a photo using the photo insert option, Blogger posted the photo over my entire entry. The entry was lost. I tried "recover post" but it only recovered the new version, over and over and over. I think it may have been due to faulty photo album code I copied over from Picasa - I guess it only worked that one time. It will be a while before I attempt that again!

So, Blogger and Picasa are on my Scheissliste (is this a word?), and hopefully I will be able to rewrite the entire post, but you know it's never really as good as the first time. Bah! Enjoy the photos, though!!

7 comments:

  1. stupid blogger >:(
    (i am frowning in real life, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cool blog and great observations. I remember noticing a lot of the same things at first and now I don't even think about them. Then when I visit the States I have to get used to everything there again. I'm jealous of your intensive German classes (I think). Maybe I would learn some then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe type everything in word and archive it on your computer. All you need to do is copy and paste into blogger (right?). Then again, I don't even blog so what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. p/s/ i use this random, very basic photo editing stuff called irfanview' that i downloaded free when my pirated copy of Ulead stopped working. it has a pixelize option. i did the pixelization several times and in different ways just to make sure it was sufficiently blurred -- after the first pixelization i realized when it's minimized you can still see the fuzzy numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara: Thanks for the link :)

    Michelle: Thanks! The intensive classes are nice but there's nothing like real conversation in the real world - of which I am still rather terrified. People are so hard to understand. But the classes have given me a huge, huge boost.

    Nathan: Master of the obvious ;) I have done this before but blogger has just been so good lately that I don't usually bother with the extra step, though I should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    sorry to hear about your blogger problems.
    Not been doing this very long, or with much sophistication, but so far I've had absolutely no problems with wordpress.
    cheers,
    Ian
    PS - I hear moving over from blogger to wordpress is pretty easy. Check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ian, I have heard good things about wordpress! If I continue to have problems I will probably seriously consider switching. (I'm also a low-sophistication blogger :) ).

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!