Monday, March 05, 2007

Food Finds

2 comments
So...exhausted...three days of class in Mainz left. Then it's back to the old work/intensive German drill. I need a vacation! I considered not doing the intensive German again right away after this class module because it is so exhausting on top of work, but I really need as much as I can get, and I don't know at what point Damon's fellowship will stop paying for me to take them. Once they stop paying, forget it - it's way too expensive for us to afford. I'm hoping it will seem relatively easy to go back to that schedule after this class module.

So, in the Rewe near my class building, they sell Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!! But, it's a package of three cups for 1.49 EUR. At the current conversion rate that's about $2. A little on the high side, but it's good to know Rewe is there for me just in case of extreme cravings. They also have a small section with taco shells and seasonings. The shells cost 3.50 EUR for 12 - or almost $5. Hmm, might only get those for a really special Tacoccasion. Or, maybe I will find them cheaper whenever I can manage to make the big trip out to the nearest Kaufland.

But, I'm pretty sure I'm never going to find Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls over here. Maybe for the better...

2 comments:

  1. I think this needs to be a yearly holiday!
    Or monthly.

    Oh hell, let's make it weekly...

    ReplyDelete

I love commenters!